Does this soup scream winter or what!? Nutrient dense kale, sausage and bacon soup. So good on a cold day and a great way to incorporate bone broth on the daily. Homemade = no preservatives, 100% organic, no additives or fillers, no chemicals and no toxins so your body can work the way it should. Treat yo self!
- 1/2 lb – 1lb pastured bacon cut into 1″ bits
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium sized yam diced into 1/4″ cubes
- 2 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp cayenne (necessary for making turmeric more bioavailable)
- 18 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 cups homemade bone broth
- 2-3 links of organic sausage diced
- 15 oz garbanzo beans cooked (or drained and rinsed from a box)
- 1/2 lb – 1 lb kale chopped
- In a soup pot, render bacon until brown and crispy.
- If sausage is raw, add sausage and brown. If sausage is cooked then add it later.
- Add onion, garlic, yams, spices and cook on medium until yams are cooked.
- Add cooked sausage, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and broth. Add more broth if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Simmer for 15 mins.
- Serve or store in glass containers and/or freeze in individual portions.
I love freezing this in mason jars to have on hand as a grab-and-go lunch. You will be making this on again and again – it’s a winner!