Considering buccal massage? Curious if it’s worth it, and what the benefits are? You’re in the right place. In this personal review, I share before and after photos and my honest opinion about the facial massage. Plus, I include a list of certified sculptural lift practitioners in the United States, broken down by state (and a couple international hookups too!).
By: Lisa Fennessy
IN THIS POST:
- 10 key benefits to sculpture lifting face massage
- Things to consider
- Certified sculptural lift practitioners
- U.S. practitioners
- International practitioners
- Additional ways to find a practitioner
In the past I got a Sculptural Lift Technique with Buccal Massage facial at Love Beauty Nourish in Atlanta, GA and the results were astounding. All you have to do is look at my before and after pic above then scroll down to find a practitioner near you. Done and done.
Update: Love Beauty Nourish is now closed permanently due to the impact of COVID.
If you want to know more….This face massage treatment lasted about 60-90 minutes and focused on the muscles of facial expression both OUTSIDE of the face an INSIDE the mouth. I didn’t quite know what to expect but one peep at the results and I was sold.
If you want to get technical, the benefits of Buccal Massage are numerous and profound on many levels. This entire massage is preformed manually, no machines or gadgets outside of a gua sha stone and a facial cupping tool. Benefits include sculpting, lifting, definition, softening of fine lines and wrinkles, lymphatic drainage and detoxification, deep relaxation of the facial muscles and TMJ, stimulation of collagen and elastin, smooth and supple skin AND helps release stored emotions. (I need to know more about this last benefit…TBC!)
RELATED: Kinda Obsessed – Facial Tools
Check out this video for more on what my experience was like:
My experience included about 40 minutes of exterior work and about 20 minutes of interior (inside the mouth) work. I didn’t really LOVE having hands inside my mouth. I mean, it wasn’t awful but it’s wasn’t euphoric either. However, when all is said and done, it’s a small price to pay for big time results.
10 key benefits to sculpture lifting face massage
The benefits listed below are taken directly from Yakov Gershkovich, the creator of this Sculptural Lifting Technique.
1. Facelift without surgery. Sculpture lifting massage allows you to get an effect comparable to plastic surgery, without damaging the skin and facial tissues.
2. Rejuvenation without injection therapy. Some injections (like injections of botulinum toxin) give effect due to muscle atrophy and injection of harmful substances under the skin. Sculpture lifting face massage is not associated with injection therapy.
3. Passive fitness for the muscles of the face. The procedure of sculpture lifting face massage trains facial muscles. Muscles acquire the correct tone and resist gravitational effects.
4. Anti-stress effect. During the massage, stagnant phenomena in the facial muscles are eliminated, a sense of freedom appears, the client becomes easier to express emotions. Scientists have shown that when you change your facial expressions, your mood changes. Sculptured lifting face massage guarantees to eliminate psychoemotional blocks and helps to cope with stress.
5. Deep relaxation of facial muscles. During the sculpture lifting massage the muscles are trained, as if in a gym. After hard work, both masticatory and facial muscles of the face are at rest – this is an incredibly pleasant sensation.
6. Lymphatic drainage and detoxification. Sculpture lifting massage triggers metabolic processes in the skin and tissues of the face. Harmful substances (toxins) begin to be excreted more quickly from the body. Interestingly, the action of massage is not limited to the face and décolleté zone – detoxification of the whole organism also begins.
7. Therapeutic procedure. Sculpture lifting massage has a therapeutic effect in the presence of the patient’s pathology of facial muscles and facial nerve. It also helps to reduce the course of chronic diseases such as rhinitis and sinusitis.
8. Cleansing and improving the quality of the face skin. Thanks to an increase in muscle tone, the facial skin becomes smooth and supple, wrinkles and age-related changes go away. The removal of harmful substances helps to cleanse the skin, getting rid of dermatological problems.
9. Easy osteopathic effect. The technique of Sculpture lifting massage includes the impact on the points of attachment of muscles to the bone, which leads to the removal of intraosseous tensions.
10. Improved posture of the face. The outlines of the face persist for a long time within the boundaries of youth, not “blurring”. The muscular framework is strengthened, so that a natural lifting effect is achieved.
Things to consider
I asked Mary from Love Beauty Nourish to provide some more color here. She adds;
Some states do not allow Estheticians to work inside the mouth (like Georgia). Some states do not allow both massage therapist and estheticians to work inside the mouth. That being said you may have to go to a massage therapist who is not an esthetician to get buccal massage done or another type of specialist who is able to do this type of work in that particular state. Will people get the same results if they just get buccal massage and not the complete protocol I have no idea but I am leaning towards no.
You can expect to pay anywhere between $150-$400 for this facial/massage.
Certified sculptural lift practitioners
If you want to find a practitioner near you, check out the list of certified sculptural lift practitioners that I’ve compiled below. However, there are definitely more practitioners out there although they are limited. The only way to get certified is by taking Yakov Gershkovich’s training, which used to only be offered in person, but now also includes an online course. I’ve also included additional ways to search for a practitioner near you.
AND if you are currently practicing Buccal, comment below so others can find you!
- Nicole Bokser, Skin Witchery, 2940 N 67th Pl Suite #1, Scottsdale AZ
- Brenda Keller, Skincare Solutions LLC, Paradis Valley, AZ, ph: 602-222-5443
- Melissa, Skinwin, @skinwin, 7329 E 6th Ave, Scottsdale, AZ
- Agne Grumslys, Agnes Beauty, Huntington Beach, CA
- Katie Woods, Ritual Skincare, San Francisco, CA
- Jenny McAteer, You Are Beautiful Skin Therapy, Woodland Hills LA, CA
- Cheryl Ruiz, Ventura, CA, ph: 805-890-6555
- Angela Peck, @wholisticskinandcare, Capitola (Santa Cruz area), CA
- Cathy Curt Aesthetics, Santa Rosa, CA, ph: 707-293-4754
- Mollie Silberfarb, Yorba Linda, CA, ph: 714-801-6708
- Karena Kalinuk, Sante Skin, Carmel, CA, ph: 732-312-7893
- Susan Valdez Cohen, Malibu Aesthetics, Malibu, CA, ph: 310-403-3124
- Rebecca Johnston, Beautiful Skin, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Shasta Destination Skin, 155 Majorca Ave suite 208, Coral Gables, Florida, ph: 305-213-0532
- Shannon Cox, Mud And Stone Massage And Skin, Hayden Lake, ID, 208-497-2650
- Erin Darden, Lavender Esthetics, Okemos, MI, ph: 517-214-4058
- Kelly Carlson, Birthright Beauty, Minneapolis, MN
- Elena Amato, @europeanspaplus, Biloxi, MS, ph: 238-388-5555
- Valeriya Terletskiy, @facemassage_nyc, Brooklyn, NY, ph: 917-345-6754
- Eliza Wozmica, e-spa, Brooklyn, NY
- Danna Omari, Noy Skincare, New York, NY
- Joanna Tringali, Calm Beauty Brooklyn, 332 Senator St. Brooklyn, NY, ph: 917-596-9535
- Emma McGregor-Mento, East Village Spa, @emma.massage, NYC
- Jami Stewart, Skin Remedy, Toledo, OH, ph: 419.308.5936
- Pure Glow Uptown, 308 Uptown Square, Murfreesboro, TN
- Forever Young by Sandee, 4001 N Shepherd, Ste 100, Houston, TX, ph: 281-467-7922
- Illumina Day Spa, Cecillia Lujan, Abilene, TX
- Dee and Nely, ReNuew Wellness Spa, LLC, Woodbridge, VA, ph: 703-972-5672
- Kate Tallet, SkinDeep Olympia, Olympia, WA, ph: 360-951-5334
- Desa D, Anti Aging Face and Body Clinic, Adelaide
- April Brodie, Melbourne, Victoria
- Samantha Schneider, Show Me What You Love, Calgary, Alberta Canada, ph: 403-819-5484
- Magdalena Tomczak, Woman Divine, Ottawa, Canada
- Layrssa Korbutiak + Oresta Korbutiak, Oresta Organic Skincare, Ottawa, Canada (three locations)
Additional ways to find a practitioner
There is a Cecily Braden spa directory that you can check too. Select Buccal/Sculptural Face Lifting Technique under Spa Services. I found 22 results from across the U.S.
Here are some things you can try Googling: buccal massage, intra-oral buccal massage, yakov gershkovich, sculptural lift technique
Have you tried this?
Common questions about sculptural lift technique with buccal massage:
The Buccal massage treatment requires a specialist certification to preform. The treatment lasts about 60-90 minutes and focuses on the muscles both OUTSIDE of the face and INSIDE the mouth.
The results of the lifting massage were astounding. Check out this before and after pic then click here to find a practitioner near you.
The entire massage is performed manually, with no machines or gadgets (outside of gua sha stone and a facial cupping tool). It works to retrain muscles, drain lymph and is basically like a natural face lift.