When it comes to gifts for teens, it feels like the trends shift FAST. What’s cool one day is totally out the next, and suddenly, they’re left with piles of stuff they don’t want or need. So, we’re tackling what can feel impossible: gifts that they’ll actually want to use for longer than a few weeks. Keep scrolling for fresh, eco-friendly and practical ideas for all budgets.
By: Lisa Fennessy
This post contains some affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, TNK receives a small percentage of the sale price. Some brands may have paid a small fee to be featured. We only recommend brands that we truly believe in. Support our editorial work by supporting them!
IN THIS POST:
RELATED: The best organic beauty gifts + organic gifts for your fave homebody or jet-setter at all price points.
TNK Nonprofit Pick
I like to start these gift guides off with a charity or nonprofit that could use your support this holiday season (and all year round, TBH). A tuition-free private school for children experiencing homelessness, the Boyce L. Ansley School in Atlanta deserves that support. I first heard about this school from a friend of mine, and its mission to decrease the opportunity gap for kids experiencing homelessness struck a chord. This school provides a stable, safe space for children to learn, helping them stay on track and keep up with reading and math skills, despite their circumstances.
The nonprofit private school is free for students to attend, as the school provides uniforms, books, school supplies and more for enrolled children. The goal of the school is eventually to offer PreK through 8th grade, and your donation will help them get there.
Sustainable Gifts Under $50 for Teens
- Keepster Personalized Message Books ($12.99 +).
- Olive & June Nail Pens ($48).
- ILIA Liquid Powder Eyeshadow (in Matte Shades) ($28).
- Rael Miracle Patch ($12).
- Kinfield Winter Hydration Kit ($35).
- Monstera SunCatcher Sticker ($10)
- Youth Floria Color Changing Blush Oil ($36).
- Eco Tools Fresh Face 5 Piece Brush Kit ($9.99).
- Kitsch Cotton Adjustable Headband Set ($12).
- One Love Organics Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque ($49).
- Fitglow Vegan Good Lash+ Mascara (in Brown or Navy) ($38). Use code NEWKNEW20 to save 20%!
- tentree Ember PJ Pant ($48).
- Indie Lee Clarity Kit ($29). Discontinued but you can sub with Indie Lee Blemish Beaters, for $89, includes Banish Stick, Banish Solution, and Clearing Mask.
- Cheekbone Beauty Sustain Eyeliner (in Purple Amethyst) ($16).
- Olive & June Mani Magic Mini Set – 5pc ($20).
Sustainable Gifts Over $50 for Teens
- Patagonia Jackson Glacier Down Parka ($499).
- Luminance Red Acne Device ($349).
- The Scholomance Trio of A Deadly Education, The Last Graduate and The Golden Enclaves ($50+ for the trio).
- Kane Revive Shoes ($85).
- Erin’s Faces Fruit Smoothie Lip Gloss Set – Radiance ($65). Use code TNKHOLIDAY for 10% off at Erin’s Faces.
- Summersalt The Cloud 9 Silky Set Pajamas ($95).
- Petit Vour Beauty Box ($216 for 12 months).
- Owlcrate ($104.97 for 3 months).
- Patagonia Line Logo Ridge Stripe Uprisal Sweatpants ($89).
- Solar Speaker, Portable Wireless Bluetooth Bamboo Speaker & Phone Charger by REVEAL – Eco-Friendly Bamboo Wood Design ($89.99).
- Terra Thread Earth Backpack ($69.95).
- Quince Flowknit Ultra Soft Performance Jogger ($39.90) + Pullover Hoodie ($34.90).
- Cozy Organic Cotton Throw Blanket ($248).
- Universal Yums Yum Box ($180/year).
- Patagonia Mahnya Fleece Crewneck Sweatshirt ($99).
TNK Top Pick
Erin’s Faces Fruit Smoothie Lip Gloss
A non-sticky lip color that teens and adults alike will love, everything you want in a lip gloss and nothing you don’t. Every single ingredient besides the mango seed butter is sourced organic, including the first three ingredients, and each shade is named after a strawberry variety (formula actually includes “organic strawberries,” rich in vitamin C and alpha lipoic acid). Good for your teen, and a delight to swipe on.
Save: Use code TNKHOLIDAY for 10% off at Erin’s Faces.
What will your teen love?
Leave a comment